Should I worry about brush aliasing with pixel graphics?

Transparencies are to be avoided because of the white underprint. But a regular brush usually has some transparencies on the edges due to the use of aliasing. Do I need to get rid of this for optimal results?

Also it’s mentioned that transparencies can be achieved via dithering, how well does this actually work? I’d be kinda worried that the underprint and the color end up slightly misaligned (considering that eventually it would need to print singular pixels) and then the whole transparency effect would go down the drain. I don’t necessarily need such transparencies right now, I’m just curious.

Cheers

Ahoy @Twee ,
a raster effect should not be realised in pixel size, but in somewhat larger dimensions.A trasnparency gradient, for example, can be realised with increasingly larger circle elements. There are, however, many other variations of a raster effect, for example, with the arrangement of different strokes in different line widths.
As far as aliasing of the brushes is concerned, you don’t need to worry - we manage that well in print. Only large-scale transparencies or transparency gradients are problematic, which is why we advise against them.

Alright, that clears everything up. Thanks!

1 Like