Design in one localization of the market place (*.nl) do not show up in another one (*.co.uk)

Hi,
I have some designs in the Dutch version of the website (spreadshirt.nl), more specifically - in the market place as products. My login still works in the UK version and do see my designs but, surprisingly, only a few of the them appear in the market place. How do I make sure my designs can sell in NL, UK and DE?

Regards,
Ilia

Hey @User_EU-b2663894,

I checked some of your designs and saw that you entered the name, description and tags in english.
Your account was created on the dutch domain so the autotranslation tries to translate from dutch to all the other languages. But as your designs are tagged in english the autotranslation doesnt work correctly and cancels the process. Thatswhy your designs dont show up on other marketplaces.
You can easily fix this by naming and tagging all designs with the dutch language. This will trigger the autotranslation again and probably this time it will work.

Hi Rico,
Thanks for your explanation! So the engine tries to translate, fails and ends up with no keywords, right?
Will it be Ok to still have the English keywords and add their Dutch translations to the set? By the way, if I start from the UK localization, should I be alright with English language?
It would be very nice to control the translation or, maybe, to be able to switch it off.

It will probably not work if you just add the dutch keywords - you have to replace all english terms from the name, the description and the keywords/tags.

If you would use an uk-account you should use english terms only. But as you now already have a dutch account and we dont recommend to have more than one account that makes no sense.
And also if you log in on the uk.domain - your account will still be a dutch account - no matter wher you log in.

Hm, I can use Dutch words but certain things are just idiomatic in English and Dutch visitors would be searching stuff in English. An automatic translation even by Google Almighty can be awfully off. My Dutch account is just because I live in the Netherlands. Is there a way to be sure (still having my Dutch account) that a certain design appears with the right keywords in English?

Ahoy @User_EU-b2663894

you could try to add some very few english keywords at the end of all your dutch keywords. But I’m not sure if this works. Normally only the countrylanguage for the specific domain is suported.
At least you could try and give me feedback if it worked.