Design not showing up for the color contest

I uploaded a design tagged with #colorcontest quite a while ago and it shows up in the swedish marketplace when searching for ”colorcontest” but not in the international marketplace. I noticed other designs not showing up there as well. However, when searching for the name of the design it shows up in both the swedish and international marketplace.

What I would like to know is the following.
Will the design still be inclued in the competition?
(product number: D5d20bdb65fd3e45130ecfc15)
Why doesn’t the design how up in tag searches in the international marketplace?

Hi @LDe,

as soon as your design was uploaded in the specific time frame and tagged correctly it will definitively take part in the competition no matter if only published in one spreadshirt marketplace or internationally.

For you 2nd question I will need to check and come back to you.

1 Like

Thank you Alex!

Hi again!
I just wanted to know if you are still looking into the question about not showing up in tag searches in the international marketplace. It would be great to know if there is something wrong with my way of tagging for my designs in the future.

Hey @LDe

I had a short look into your account and quickly had an idea of what could be the problem. I checked it and I was right:
You gave your design english name, description and tags but your accound was created in sweden. We allways recommend to write your tags and description in the countryspecific language because our system does the following: recognize a swedish account so the translations for all other domain have to base on swedish language. But as soon as the system can not find a translation for the name (because it is English), the whole translation process is aborted. That is the reason why you’ll find your design only on the swedish marketplace.
But there is something you can do about this - and in future for all uploaded new designs - just edit the name, description and tags of your design into swedish and the translationprocess will start again.
Wait a bit and your design should be published global.

I hope this helps. Give me your feedback if it worked.

Thank you!
I have tried with some of the designs now and it seems to be working.

There still seems to be a problem with the contest word though since it is in english…

In which way ? Designs uploaded just recently first only show up in the marketplace you are registred for. Later they will also be published to other spreadshirt marketplaces if suitable.

You could also give us an example Design ID which we can check.

I checked your contest design and there is no problem. The design is available for all domains.
But you’re right - the contest-tag is in english. But thats no problem since this is only a single word and the translation allready was started.

1 Like

Thank you Rico!

Now I can see that the design is in both market places and the translated tags also seem to be working fine.

I still have a question about the english tag though. Since it could not be translated it seems like it is excluded from the tags for the international marketplace and therefore not showing up in tag searches for colorcontest. It would have been nice to be able to get my contest design showing up by the others, and I am sure others have the same problem. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thank you again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Hey @LDe

you’re wrong - the colorcontest-tag WAS translated to all languages. But you’re right - it wont be “colorcontest” for all domains.
But even if the tag is different for each domain - that wont affect your participation in the contest. When we look for all submitted contestdesigns - we consider ALL translations.

I am aware of you considering all of them but it still would be nice to have that small time on the contest page to get a little exposure even if I am not one of the lucky 10. But if that isn’t possible for accounts that are not international that is fine. I just want to know if it was possible or not.

I still think that it is strange that the tag colorcontest is not included among the other tags that I made (in the international marketplace), and I can’t see any other tags that could represent any try of translating it. And even if the word colorcontest had been translated into something else then colorcontest, it still wouldn’t make a difference for it showing up under the contest page.

This isn’t a complain about the winners of the contest, and I think that there were some nice designs there. I do however think the handeling of contest tags could bee looked into for everyone to get their time of exposure (to the public) before a winner was choosen.

Sorry for the long reply.

1 Like

I understand your point. We are working on it and hopefully at the next contest it is allready possible.

Thank you!