Inconsistent methods at legal service

One of my designs got refused due to copyright issues. So I mailed the legal service at Spreadshirt which you always get referred to in this forum.

The strangest thing is happening now. They say my design is protected and registered by an European party, but it concerns a public road in the USA. As you can guess, my theme is ROUTE 66!!! That would be the same as I would register the Statue Of Liberty in New York.

But okay, that is something Spreadshirt can’t help, because they don’t the registering. But I am really angry that they are very inconsistent as they sell lots of route 66 designs themselves. Some of them are slightly altered… for example route 660 or route 59… but the same shield. Please take a look at my design. Everything is handmade… the shield and even the font is made by a calligraphy artist. So all elements are unique. My question is… why is Spreadshirt so inconsistent?

(p.s. before the answer will be, please contact legal service… I did! Without satisfaction)

![route66|666x499]

I can understand your frustration. If you plan to get a reply from one of the forum moderators we unfortunately cannot say more in such situation than to refer to this team. Nevertheless please know that I have forwarded this issue to the team again! I completely understand how this inconsistency can be confusing.

1 Like

Lena, I am sorry for asking you, but when I answer an e-mail, it takes to the next day to wait for their answer again. It’s not very pleasant communicating that way. Could you please ask you legal service if it’s okay to change the name ROUTE 66 to ROUTE 666?

Thanks in advance.

I cannot give legal yes or no’s here in the forum. Sorry, you’ll have to wait until they reply. The reply within 24hours of you sending the mail!

Hello Lena,

Could you please check with legal service if they have any mail problems? My email gets rejected:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

legal@spreadshirt.net
host mx30.spreadomat.net [85.239.103.144]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:legal@spreadshirt.net:
554 5.7.1 <se07-out.mail.pcextreme.nl[185.107.227.76]>:
Client host rejected: Unknown Client Hostname

They don’t. They told me that the e-mail the received yesterday was answered today at 9:12am. Maybe try again? Or from a different e-mail provider (in case you have to mail adresses :slight_smile: )