Individual feedback on a rejected design

Is it possible to have feedback on what exactly has caused a desgin to be rejected?
I’ve uploaded a design 3 times, modifying it each time following a rejection and resulting in a different reason being given, and I’m still not entirely sure what it is about it that is being rejected. This would help me immensely to ensure I don’t repeat something that will result in another rejected design.

Very good question! A feedback would be nice and can avoid design-faults in the Future. This could save time, for Partners and for spreadshirt.

Greets David

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is not possible on a larger scale. You can try to get more detailed feedback by emailing the following address: legal@spreadshirt.net.

As our platform is entirely free, we have to draw a line somewhere regarding the support we can offer our partners. Just reviewing the designs to be published on our platforms incures significant costs and at that point they have not even sold anything.

Usually we do offer the partners a reason for rejection. Can you tell me a little more about yours?

Hi Sara,

I totally understand the challenges in providing individual feedback to you and appreciate the reply.
My own design did contain images from the internet, specifically guitars, which I edited to only include the fretboard and strings, removing any trademarks or logos.

This was rejected with the feedback being “Word Mark”.

I then edited these images again, using effects to make them look like a line drawing so that the original images where no longer recognisable and any possibility of a logo or trademarked name was removed completely.

This was rejected with the feedback being “Copyright”.

Im not sure what else I can change to make it acceptable. My concern is that the design is made to look like a postcard, using a photograph that I took while in San Francisco, and someone thinks I’ve used an actual postcard.

Here’s a link to the image on my shop:
https://partner.spreadshirt.co.uk/designs/5a6fc62dc8056333e1441d6e

If you’re unable to view it please let me know and I’ll be happy to send an image but any clarification would be most welcome.

Thanks again,
Joe

The shape of some parts of guitars are copyrighted, that can include the fretboard.
“word mark” is weird, though … hmm … maybe it’s about the tags / title / description you use and not the design itself? scratcheshead

1 Like

The only thing i can think of is that it used the words “Painted Ladies” in the tags but i don’t think it’s subject to copyright. All other tags are fairly generic. Good call on the fretboard designs, I’ll look into that a bit further, thanks.

Hi Joe,

Unfortunatley only our legal team can provide some more explanations. So your only Chance is to get back to legal@spreadshirt.net and ask them for some clarifications.

Sorry that I can’t be of more help here.

Thanks,
Lena

1 Like

Will do, thanks, Lena.

1 Like