Lohnt sich das T-Shirt Business?

Hallo zusammen,
ich habe vor ein paar Wochen angefangen mir das Thema der T-Shirt Designs genauer anzusehen. Ich habe ein paar Designs erstellt und auf dem Marktplatz hochgeladen (Kein eigener Shop). Da ich alles erstmal lernen muss habe ich freilich noch nicht mit Erfolgen gerechnet, wenn auch gehofft. Aber mal ganz ehrlich gefragt:
Lohnt sich das überhaupt?

• Die Margen sind recht gering, die Konkurrenz riesig.

• Wenn ich das richtig sehe, kann ich noch nicht mal erkennen welche Designs wie oft gesehen oder geklickt worden sind. Wie soll man denn da Erfahrungen sammeln?

• Ich habe zwar erst ein Dutzend Designs erstellt und hochgeladen, aber selbst da gab es schon 2 Ablehnungen. Die erste hat sich erledigt, die zweite war aus mir nicht verständlichen Gründen bei einer Ablehnung geblieben.

• Wenn ich mir so die Erfahrungsberichte im Internet ansehe, geht da unter 1000, 2000 Designs erstmal gar nichts. Angenommen man erstellt pro Woche 100 Designs (was für mich aktuell eine utopische Zahl wäre), braucht man ca 2 Jahre bis man 1000 Designs hat. Also ein Aufwand den man schon berücksichtigen sollte.

Andererseits gibt es eben sehr viel Konkurrenz, was ja bedeutet das es funktionieren muss.

Hi CraftPixel,

Can I ask what your motivation is to start selling on Spreadshirt?
Is it your love for design or is it making a quick buck?

People that flood marketplaces with thousands of designs have ruined the marketplace, because it has become harder and harder to find something you like in this ocean of mediocre designs. I will never ever use the ‘quantity over quality’ approach for my sales.
With the ability for one person to upload thousands of designs the competition is far bigger than it should be, so I would say it isn’t worth it. Nobody sets out to earn pocket change here, yet most of us do. Starting to sell on Spreadshirt is easy, that’s the only reason why so many people do it. It certainly isn’t the money most of us earn that keeps us selling here…

Nein. Lohnen tut sich das schon lange nicht mehr. Lohnen im Sinne von finanziell.
Spaß. Spaß hat man ab und zu schon. Erwarten sollte man aber eher nichts.

4 Likes

If there wasn’t the prospect of a side income, I wouldn’t start this business. So you could say that my main motivation is the money. Kind of sad, but true. And honest.
But I also like learning new things and looking at new things that I don’t know yet. Yes, that’s also a reason, I like to learn new things :slight_smile:

Well, it depends on how much time you are eager to spend on your designs and to start a business with it. You wanna build your own brand or just sell stuff on the marketplace? If the latter, you should probably try to find a niche or produce designs that are very creative or unique to peak out of the thousands of designs already online.

It doesn’t have to be sad but true. We all would like to earn some extra money. That itself isn’t a bad thing. I’m just not a fan of ‘non-designers’ puting together a bunch of ready made design elements and calling the design finished. In a perfect world all T-shirt designers would at least have an interest in making original designs, preferably with their own designs or design elements. The lack of originality hurts my eyes so many times :sweat_smile:

I kind of design things I would like to wear myself and it seems that others like my designs too. Being original motivates me more than the money itself. If something is original and it’s a good quality design then there’s a good chance of sales. To me the designing part is the most important, so I’m not willing to rush through that to generate as much designs as possible.

And learning something new is always a good thing.

2 Likes