Multiple products of the same type

In the old legacy user area I could upload a vector design with two colors and create multiple versions of the same product type, but with different colors on the design.

bild

Those old products is still shown and listed under the same design in my shop. But I can’t create new products this way. I could of course upload the same design five times and create different products, but then I would have every design listed five times in my shop.

Is there a solution for this? Or is it yet another thing that will be possible some time next year? If at all?

1 Like

I want an answer on this topic too.

This was one of few products when the migration actually worked on colors and selected products. But now when I want to edit placement and size etc, or add products, it doesn’t get that I use different design colors on different shirt colors.

2 Likes

This is not possible. Please upload the design once and have you customers customize it the way they want to in your Shop. You can also switch on the “Create Tool Teaser” on your start page that explains nicely that you customers can adapt your designs to their liking.

I don’t want the customer to design or select color by their own. My designs should be in colors, sice and positions decided by me. So the only way to fix this is to make different files for the same design in different colors. It was better in the old platform.

You answered and locked another thread/topic by me, and I’m not satisfied with tha answer. Why can´t I decide what colours an uploaded vector file should be in as standard/basic? So that all new products made with that design automaticly became in the right colors instead of what your system has decided and I then have to change it on every single product?

Followed the link you posted and it states the opposite against your answer: -“If you change the colour of your vector graphics when editing products, these changes won’t be automatically saved in your templates. These changes need to be made manually in the affected templates.”

1 Like

Not sure what you want to do. You can easily change the colors of your design but you can only do it once per design and product. So if you want to have a premium shirt with the same design but in different colors, then this is not possible. You’ll have to upload the design a second time or just have the customer adapt it himself :slight_smile: Or is your question where you can change the color of your design?

"I don’t want the customer to design or select color by their own. My designs should be in colors, sice and positions decided by me. So the only way to fix this is to make different files for the same design in different colors. It was better in the old platform.

You answered and locked another thread/topic by me, and I’m not satisfied with tha answer. Why can´t I decide what colours an uploaded vector file should be in as standard/basic? So that all new products made with that design automaticly became in the right colors instead of what your system has decided and I then have to change it on every single product?"

Exactly! This has been bugging me, too. I really miss the old legacy user area. This new one just simply does not work.

Indeed.

This is a usecase we just don’t support. Sorry to not be able to give you a more satisfying answer.

Hi Lena,

When I upload a vector file with one or more colors, your system decides by itself what colors it is. Please take this back to the drawing board, and implement a function when you can edit and save the colors on an uploaded vector design. So that when the design is used for creating new products, it will have the right colors every time (decided by the designer, not a random interpreted colour from an automatic algoritm).

As it is now I have to select a design, create a product, and edit the colors before publishing… on every single new product although the contain the same design. That shouldn’t be the case 2019.

So to clarify, I would like to change the colors of a design that is uploaded before it is available on a product. A kind of basic setting, such as the keywords that will be the same on each product, in the same way the colors I have chosen will be unchanged when I create new products. So I do not need to edit 6-8 sweaters, mugs, bags etc. just because your system has chosen a strange color as the basis.

1 Like

We’ve forwarded such a request and will let you know more about its feasibility soon :slight_smile: