Why does the number of pages never exceed 167?

I have been trying to figure out how many designs there are in the categories. It seems that the number of pages in any category never exceeds 167 which means that SOME designs have to remain hidden because the certainly is more designs than that in total on the site. So how does that work?..

1 Like

Hi there! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve been wondering about the same thing. And I would say having 167 pages (167 x 72 = 12.024 designs) is bonkers (aka crazy). I assume there are huge amounts of designs on Spreadshirt that haven’t sold ever but are never cleared out. No customer will ever go through 167 pages, so having that many pages filled with designs that never sold makes no sense.

@Spreadhirt Isn’t there a certain amount of time in which a design should have been sold at least once? Because if a designs hasn’t sold for like a year, shouldn’t it just be removed from the marketplace?

Kind regards,

Luc

Hi,

thank you for your question and your idears how to solve this issue. So far we do not have such rules for the marketplace, however, we are also aware of this topic and are already working on a better solution for that.

1 Like

That’s certainly true, but that’s precisely why tagging is so important. If you tag properly, the customer will find the design he’s looking for right on page one. :wink:

Introducing such a deadline would certainly decrease the quality of the designs on the marketplace significantly. Who is motivated to invest a lot of work in a great design if it runs the risk of being removed soon?
Please consider: The sales numbers of a design only say something about its quality to a limited extent. Rather, the marketplace is more like a kind of “roulette game”.
Spreadshirt’s philosophy is that everyone can find the design that suits. This also includes designs for “niche themes” that rarely sell. Otherwise, there would only be “mainstream designs” on the marketplace soon.

But we all know lots of shopowners use irrelevant tags to show up in more search results. So having the right tags is just one of a few steps for your design to be found. And this is part of the reason I just don’t even attempt to find designs I like on Spreadshirt. The search results are full of irrelevant designs because there are no consequences for shopowners that use irrelevant tags.

I didn’t mean that suggestion to be taken that literally. It was just meant to kickstart a seach for the right solution :wink:

Hi @FrameMaker , @brandnewdesigns and @HerrFaulbaum ,

That’s right we don’t show more than 167 pages in search processes. The reason for it, is that we have a very high-number of designs and our internal analyses showed that the probability of customers looking further than 167 pages goes towards zero.

Are some designs simply never shown?

No that’s not the case. Of course we also work with algorithms to help showing our customers the most fitting results. These algorithms are fed by various informations, like: design tags, sales, clicks, time of publish and various other influencing factors. This has of course an impact on the positioning of designs.

How do we keep it fair?

Even if we don’t show every design in every search process, since it wouldn’t make sense, we rotate our designs on the pages further back, so even the ones that haven’t made it to the top of the list yet, still get a good and fair chance to.

What can you do to get better listings?

Take your time for choosing the design tags that really describe and fit your design and it’s main topic. Best way is to choose the design tags individually for every single design, to make sure it’s a perfect fit.

This would probably only work to a limited extent if the marketplace wasn’t additionally flooded with junk and CopyCat designs tagged with false or misleading tags.

The chaos is getting bigger day by day and the will or ability to solve problems on the part of SPRD is getting less and less. It is not known why, but apparently, there seems to be far too much work for far too few workers.

1 Like