Designs not findable on marketplace

Hi guys,

I created a few designs on Spreadshirt (.be) and want them to show up in the marketplace. Naming, tagging and marketplace enablement were all done. However, I cannot find my designs anywhere on the .be marketplace, or other marketplaces. While the designs are not pending for the Marketplace anymore.

If I follow the link in the design page I do get to my design. When I try to find it via search I get no results.

Following other forum posts I tried naming and tagging my designs in Dutch as well as French (also an official language in Belgium) as well as English (not mixed, tried separately). Nothing seems to fix my problem.

Can anyone explain to me what I might be doing wrong, and how to fix this?

.be example design ids:

• 164929771 (English naming/tagging)
  • 164990582 (French naming/tagging)
  • 165003719 (Dutch naming/tagging)

Thanks in advance,
kind regards,

Dennis.

Edit:
In the meanwhile I also created a .com account and uploaded some designs there to test. The status of my designs is ‘pending’ for a couple of hours now (no kids/babies stuff).

Both in the .be and .com accounts, the designs do not show up in my showroom (gallery). This could make sense if this depends on them showing up in the marketplace of course.

Hey @Vader_Airlines,

I can see your problem. The answer is a little bit tricky:
Allthough you are from belgium, you created your account on the co/uk domain, which means that the system thinks you’re an english partner. Thatswhy ALL tags, descriptions and names have to be in english to be autotranslated to all other languages (to french and dutch as well).
Currently your dutch and french tagged designs cant be translated because the system tries english->all languages and fails. These designs only appears on the english marketplace but with french and dutch tags: https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/user/Vader+Airlines

So there are 2 solutions for your problem:

1. edit all your designs and use english tags and description because you are using an english account.
    OR
  2. create a new account on the BE(fr) domain or BE(nl) and use only french (on BE-fr) or dutch (on BE NL) tags and descriptions

Hi Rico,

I understand. Had no idea my acccount was created on the .co.uk domain (it was created several years ago, and I forgot all about it until a while ago when I was trying to set up a new account.)

Since I live in Belgium it makes most sense to me to create a new be-nl account. Will try this and keep you posted.

Small remark though: as a lot of people tend to (want to) name and tag their designs in English, wouldn’t it make sense to have them select a source language (does not even have to be per design), save this in a field on the users profile and use that field as the translation source language? I know dealing with languages can be tricky as I’m working as a software engineer on one of the top marketing clouds myself. But this seems to be a not so big, yet very welcome change to your platform (which is great already, keep up the good work :wink:).

Of course this is probably lingering around in your backlog already, but some more backpressure from yet another customer can only help in the prioritization of this story :smiley:.

Thanks for the explanation, kind regards,
Dennis.

1 Like