Extreme Rabatte

Guten Abend zusammen,

Wie kann es sein, dass ich für ein und den selben Artikel (Frauen T-Shirt & Männer T-Shirt für urspr. 23,99€) extrem unterschiedliche Vergütungen bekomme?

Hier die Vergütungen (OHNE Abzug der noch dazu kommt):
- 2,37 €
- 1,49 €
- 1,35 €

Alle der Kunden sind unter “Rabatt-Aktion” vermerkt, aber warum ist der Preis so unterschiedlich?
Der normale Preis (ohen Rabatt) ist ja eigentlich 3,25 €. Da finde ich 1,35 € PLUS die Abzüge die später dazukommen wirklich krass! Da bleibt vielleicht 1 Euro für den Designer. Das kann doch nicht sein?

Was für einen Power XXL Rabatt Code müssen die Kunden denn benutzt haben, dass ich statt 3,25 nur noch 1,35 kriege? Rabatt schön und gut aber das ist doch nicht mehr feierlich.

2 Likes

Hallo @Jolene_H :slightly_smiling_face:

Weil es unterschiedliche Rabatte gibt. Es gibt die Rabatt Aktionen an bestimmten Tagen, es gibt den Mengenrabatt und es gibt auch die Möglichkeit, dass beides zusammen angewendet wird.

Beim Mengenrabatt kommt es immer darauf an, wieviel Produkte der Kunde insgesamt kauft.
In vielen Fällen ist Dein Design nur ein Teil einer größeren Bestellung.

Hier findest Du noch weitere Infos zum Thema “Neues Vergütungsmodell”, Rabatte usw:

Vielen Dank für die Antwort.

Verstehe. Allerdings steht bei keinem der angewandten Rabatte “Mengenrabatt” mit dabei. Normalerweise würde ja dann beides dort stehen. Momentan ist ein 15% Rabatt Code aktiv, allerdings haut das rein rechnerisch nicht hin. Der Rabatt der verwendet wurde müsste ja dann bei 1,49€ (wurde danach noch mehrmals für den Wert verkauft), einem Rabatt von 54% entsprechen?

Whatever the reason for the different fees, it is very clear that ‘partners’ are left too much in the dark about why fees are so small. Designers deserve to earn more than they do now and they deserve more transparency about why the fees are as high as they are. Because at the moment this lack of transparency gives a lot of unnecessary friction.

2 Likes

Das kann ich Dir leider nicht erklären. Die Details zu der jeweiligen Rabatt Aktion kennt nur Spreadshirt. Für uns ist das alles schwierig nachzuvollziehen.

Wenn Du eine genaue Erklärung für eine bestimmte Bestellung haben willst, musst Du Dich an den Service wenden.

1 Like

Agree. It’s so different all the time, no transparency. All we know is that the customer used a coupon but it’s not even mentioned what kind of coupon. It’s getting more and more frustrating :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The design prizes and their discounting show an excessive disregard for the designers and their work.

For example:
The design price in Norway in the create-your-own sector is only 20 Norwegian kroner, which corresponds to €1.73. Why is the price there significantly lower than the €2 estimated in Germany, where Norway is considered to be significantly more expensive than Germany?

When discounts are added to this, you only get €0.87 for a design sold in Norway! And this is the gross amount! See screenshot:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-18 um 16.52.02

This corresponds to a discount of around 57% (!!!) on the already ridiculous German CYO design price. That is pathetic.

2 Likes

I consider this ‘job’ of being a Spreadshirt designer more as a ‘hobby’ that has the potential to earn me a bit of money. But that doesn’t mean I don’t care about how much I earn. Whether it’s a hobby or a job, it’s always important to feel appreciated, and decent fees are very important in that sense.

If us designers would pull out all of our designs, I don’t think Spreadshirt would sell many products. So more appreciation for us would be good.

1 Like

Hallo,

Leider kann ich die Rückmeldung über die allgemeine Unzufriedenheit mit dem Ablauf der Werbeaktionen nur an die zuständigen Kolleginnen weitergeben.

Allerdings bin ich gerne bereit, bei den Berechnungen zu helfen und zu erklären, warum die Provision für ein bestimmtes Produkt größer oder kleiner ist. Am besten wäre es, wenn ihr euch per E-Mail an uns wendet, da wir uns einen konkreten Bestellauftrag ansehen müssen und die Informationen nicht für jeden Forumsnutzer relevant sind. Ich kann aber auch eine allgemeine FAQ dazu formulieren, falls das hilfreich für euch ist.

Wie in dem von @SIMSALAPIMP gesendeten Link erklärt, geht der Mengenrabatt bis zu 50%.

Wenn in der Statistik ein Coupon angezeigt wird, handelt es sich um eine saisonale Aktion oder einen Rabatt. Ein weiteres Beispiel könnte ein Newsletter-Abonnement-Gutschein oder ein Goodwill-Gutschein sein.

Der Mengenrabatt und der Coupon können auch kombiniert werden. In einigen Fällen bedeutet dies, dass der Gesamtrabatt höher als 50 % ist.

@Jolene_H Dein Beispiel ist ein bisschen anders, und ich müsste direkt auf Deinen Entwurf verlinken, um es zu erklären. Ich schreibe dir eine private Nachricht, falls du es lieber nicht teilen möchtest!

English

Hi,

I am afraid that I can only forward the feedback regarding the general dissatisfaction with the way the promotions are distributed at the moment.

At the same time, I am happy to help you with the calculations and explain why the commission is bigger or smaller on a particular product. It would be best to contact us by email, since we need to look into a specific order, and the information is not relevant to every forum user. However, I can also write down a general FAQ about it if you find it helpful.

As explained in the link sent by @SIMSALAPIMP, the quantity discount goes up to 50%.

If the statistics show a coupon, it refers to a seasonal promotion or a discount. Another example could be a newsletter subscription coupon, or a goodwill coupon.

The quantity discount and the coupon can be combined. In some cases, this means that the total discount is higher than 50%.

@Jolene_H your case is a bit different, and I would need to directly link to your design to explain it. I will write you a private message in case you prefer to not share it!

Discounts higher than 50% are a way to sell your leftover stock when you go out of business, it’s not a fair practise for a business that seems to be doing well…

1 Like

This applies to orders of 100 and more items :slight_smile:
We are certainly not the only company to offer bulk prices :thinking:

‘Bulk’ in my book is a large quantity of one exactly the same product (medium+design). If I sell a lot of the same products in one go I don’t mind a discount, but Spreadshirt gives away ‘partner’ fee when customers order a larger quantity of different products (same medium, but different design). This means we don’t get our propper fee when selling just one product! And this is not a discount that lasts just a few days - no, it’s permanent! It must feel good, giving away somebody else’s money?

2 Likes

We’ve discussed the matter before, and I understand your opinion about it. I find further discussion counterproductive.
Please refer to our terms and conditions, especially section 2.c. The rules and the calculations are well explained in the document.

That is a “nice” way of saying “Spreadshirt doesn’t appreciate its designers”.

But you’re right, the productive approach would be for Spreadshirt to show it does appreciate their designers, because as long as designers feel ripped off by Spreadshirt they will certainly stay vocal about it…

1 Like

Liebe @spread-zuzu,

Du wirst sicher zustimmen, dass es schon ein „Ungleichgewicht darstellt“, wenn 100 Shirts mit Motiven von unterschiedlichen Designern bestellt werden und …

1. Spreadshirt auf seinen Anteil mehr als 50 % Rabatt gewährt, während …
  2. jeder einzelne Designer anstatt 2 € weniger als 1 € erhält.

(Zumal es ja eh kaum noch Bestellungen gibt, bei denen nicht irgendein Rabatt angerechnet wird.)

Daher ist die Idee, Rabatte auf Designs komplett abzuschaffen.
Der Kunde wird’s kaum merken, ob das Shirt nun einen Euro mehr oder weniger kostet.
Bitte denkt einmal darüber nach.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with discounts. Temporary discounts from time to time are fine, discounts for true bulk orders (all exactly the same items) are fine. But these ‘fake’ bulk orders that punish designers and the ability to stack discounts on top of each other, those should definitely go. But the percentage of discount should always stay reasonable.

1 Like

Sorry brandnewdesigns, but I am laughing so hard right now, that I have to concentrate on writing this…

On the contrary, they would be glad if we little bugs would disappear. SPRD has so many licensed products by now, that they would perfectly get along without us little buggers. Yes, there would be a decrease in sales, but that would not be that bad at all, cause a lot of secondary costs for maintaining the marketplace would vanish. SPRD acquired even more companies over the last two years to add to their portfolio so the genuine t-shirt business is losing more and more relevance.

What I am a bit pissed about is, that the balance sheet for 2022 is nowhere to be found yet (only on websites where you have to pay for it). I would love to see how many sub-companies there are now in the group and how 2022 went for them. But… nothing to be found.

I may open a new thread concerning the advertisement strategy/policy for marketplace products we pay for with our diminished design price, as there is a huge lack of information about all of what is going on behind the “you get less and we do the work for you” part. (If I could convince myself to waste some more time here.)

Well, glad to hear there is still something to laugh about concerning Spreadshirt :wink:

I don’t exactly follow Spreadshirt that closely. Maybe it’s time for them to put us out of our misery then, because the pocket change we earn through the marketplace is not worth our trouble.

1 Like

The worst part is, that it is still the only “all in one” platform that halfway works (besides from amazon) and they know it.

And there are still too few of us that open their mouth. Most of the majority is fiddling along, pumping designs into the market and hoping, they make a quick buck out of it. Mass designs over and over for occasions that come and go. So if you don’t have a unique peer group you design for, there is not much chance, to make any good income here anymore. Combined with this discount mess it is getting worse year after year… maybe even month by month.

2 Likes

I saw some YouTube videos a few days ago about the automated uploading of thousands of simple designs to marketplaces like this. The people that do this only care about making money, they don’t love design, to them it’s just a tool to make a quick buck. Marketplaces making it possible to being flooded with this crap have killed all of those marketplaces in my opinion, so in a way I wouldn’t miss the Spreadshirt marketplace at all if it would diasappear.